Green Beret With A Mission Challenge
The ultimate physical, mental, and teamwork challenge! Each team will negotiate a course with multiple stations where they will be required to complete Special Forces mission tasks that will challenge them physically and mentally. Teams can register on a first come first served basis for 2 start times – 8AM and 1PM. The top three scoring teams in both the morning and afternoon sessions will receive awards and prizes. For each challenge/station, each participant will be able to choose between 2 levels to complete the challenge: Operator or Recruit. Both will do the same challenge but operator level will be more physically challenging. Also, an MVP of each team will be awarded a special award as will the oldest and youngest competitors. After completing the course, everyone is invited to enjoy a BBQ meal and mingle with Army Green Berets (and hear some “Special Forces stories” if so inclined!). This is a truly unique and fun opportunity for endurance, crossfit, and adventure athletes at the Operator level but also for individuals of all ages and physical abilities at the Recruit level! Awards will be given to the top fundraising individuals.
- In good health and capable of running long distances/lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Minimum age of 12
- Committed to supporting our veterans and designated charities
- Each team will have between 6-12 members
- Fundraising is not required, but highly encouraged! To further motivate our competitors, there will be fundraising incentives given to the top fundraisers and the amount each team raises will be included in determining the top 3 teams in each session.
Recognition & Awards
- Official GBWMC awards will be presented to the top 3 scoring teams in both the morning and afternoon sessions
- Each team will vote for an MVP who will receive a special award
- The oldest and youngest competitors will receive a special award
General Rules and Details for All Participants
- Please stay on the course at all times
- Medical personnel will be on site for any medical emergencies
- A Green Beret will accompany each team through the challenge
Leadership and Team Building activities led by Army Green Berets, All equipment needed to complete the challenge, Green Beret Mission Challenge Hat, A Green Beret Mission Challenge patch, water & snacks on the course and a BBQ meal after completion of the challenge.
Backpack and a water bottle
The Green Beret Mission Challenge is a fundraiser to help Veterans so we encourage all participants to fundraise to the best of their abilities. Every dollar helps! When you register you will automatically receive a link to a fundraising page. Please use this link to create a unique page for your supporters. Please fundraise through the link that is created through Pledgereg or send funds directly to us payable to Swimming With A Mission Inc and clearly note who should receive the credit for the donation. Fundraising is done as individuals and recognition will be given to the top fundraisers at the event. However, the total amount each team raises will be included in determining the top 3 teams in each session. All incentives and the team scoring will be based on fundraising completed by 6/22. Remember, EVERYONE can fundraise!
Individual Fundraising Incentives
- GBMC t-shirt for any individual who raises at least $250
- GBMC coffee mug and t-shirt for any individual who raises at least $500
- GBMC hooded sweatshirt, coffee mug and t-shirt for any individual who raises at least $1,000
- Signed Green Beret flag, GBMC hooded sweatshirt, coffee mug and t-shirt for any individual that raises at least $2,500
- 2 Tickets to SWAM's Navy SEAL Gold Star Family Tribute Dinner and Auction on 7/15, signed Green Beret flag, GBMC hooded sweatshirt, coffee mug and t-shirt for any individual that raises more than $5000
A limited number of spectators will be allowed. All spectators must register, in advance, on a first come first served basis. Cost: $10/adult (18 & older), free for 17 & under. The cost includes bus transportation from the parking area to/from the event venue, a chance to watch their teams complete several of the GBMC stations and a BBQ meal with the team after it has completed the event. There will also be an opportunity to learn about the U.S. Army Special Forces and Green Beret specialties like weapons, demolitions, communications and first aid and to apply camouflage paint and get photos in “full battle rattle.”