7th Annual Swim With A Mission
Swimmer Registration Packet will include entry to the race of your choice, a race cap, finisher medal and an event hat. Event T-shirts will be for sale at the event.
- 1K Individual Swim
- 5k Individual Swim
- 5K Team Honor the Fallen Memorial Swim (Not Timed)
- 10K Individual Swim
- 10k Relay (Teams of 3-5 swimmers)
- In good health and capable of making the swim distance.
- Strong enough swimmer to hold a consistent pace (based on 100 yards) of 2:00 or better.
- Committed to supporting our veterans and designated charities.
Recognition & Awards
- Awards will be presented to the following finishers: top 3 in each age group in the individual categories and to the top 3 relay teams.
- Special Awards will given to fastest swimmers in each distance.
- Special Recognition will be given to top fundraisers.
General Rules and Details for All Swimmers
- Assistive devices, including masks, fins, snorkels, swim buoys and paddles are NOT allowed.
- Open water safety buoys are allowed.
- Swimmers are NOT permitted to wear headphones during the race.
- We suggest you bring your own nutrition since all swimmers have different needs.
- USAT Wetsuit rules apply for use of wetsuits.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower.
- USAT rules also state that if the water temperature is between 78.1 – 83.9 degrees, competitors may wear wetsuits but will not be eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may not wear wetsuits.
1K, 5K and 10K Individual Details
- Beach start…timing chips must go over start/finish.
- Out and back course (see map).
- Swim in clockwise direction…always stay on left of buoys.
- Large yellow buoy at each distance turn around.
- There will be support boats at the 5K and 10K turnarounds with water and some food.
- Paddlers and support boats will be along the course for safety and support. You may bring your own paddler although this is not required. ALL Paddlers and Support Boats must register through the Volunteer Registration.
10K Team Relay Details
- Beach start for all relay swimmers. One timing chip per team which will be transferred between swimmers.
- Team members not swimming will remain on beach.
- Each lap equals .31miles or .5K (20 laps equal 10K) (see map).
- Swimmer must cross start/finish time pad at the beginning of each lap.
- Every swimmer needs to swim at least one lap.
- There will be paddlers along the route for your safety.
We are also partnering with Glen Lake Swim this year. Please consider also registering for the Glen Lake Swim on August 13, 2023. Use discount code SWAM for a 15% discount on registration. For more information please visit: https://glenlakeswim.com