Thank you for registering for the 2024 Franklin Animal Shelter 5k! Your registration and participation in this event will help make for brighter days for the animals in our care. For more information on the shelter and its ongoing mission, please visit our website at www.franklinanimalshelter.com.
Here are the event details for the race:
• The course is USA Track and Field Certified!
• Bibs will be given out on the day of the event, Sunday morning.
• Water will be provided!
• Sunscreen and – especially for walkers – bug repellent is advised.
• Medals will be awarded to the top male and female in the following age categories:
- Under 20
One fun idea this year. Dressing up as your pet by wearing a T-shirt or anything that is attached. Another way to express your pet-love with your unique outfit.
• The most frequently asked question: Can we run or walk with our dog? The answer: Preferably not. This is a running/walking event that was designed without pets in mind as a matter of safety. Our course goes through the neighborhoods of Franklin and we cannot assure anyone that Franklin residents have their pets under control at all times. Additionally, the course is shared with vehicular traffic. So, for safety’s sake, please do not plan to have your dog on the course. We won't stop anyone from bringing their pet on the course, but all liability is on the pet owner. We want everyone to have lots of fun, but we also want everyone to be safe and complete the course under their own power!
• This year we suggest to register for PledgeReg.com. This is a way to email friends to ask them to pledge money for the run/walk. Your friends can donate online. If they are unable to donate online and you have to take a check or cash, you can bring it on the day of the event. Checks are payable to Franklin Animal Shelter.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge and permit that all photos taken may be used for Franklin Animal Shelter marketing purposes.
If you have any questions, please call Scott Burns at 603-203-7727. On the day of the event, there will be restrooms on-site only. Free parking is available in the Paul Smith School parking lot.