Thank you for registering for the 2021 Franklin Animal Shelter 5k! Your registration and participation in this event will help make for brighter days for the animals in our care. For more information on the shelter and its ongoing mission, please visit our website at www.franklinanimalshelter.com.
Here are the event details for the race:
- The course is US Track and Field Certified!!!
- Bib will be mailed to you once you register for Virtual.
- Bib will be given out on the day of the event Sunday morning.
- You can run the route anytime during either day. for Virtual except for Sunday morning.
- You should bring your own water if you choose Virtual but on the day of the event we will provide water.
- Sunscreen and – especially for walkers – bug repellent are advised.
- Please post a selfie on the Facebook event page for Virtual.
- After your walk or run please submit your results via the email sent to you for registration for Virtual.
- Medals will be awarded to the top male and female in the following age categories:
- Under 20
- 60 +
The most frequently asked question: Can we run or walk with our dog? The answer: Preferably not.
This is a running/walking event that was designed without pets in mind as a matter of safety. Our course goes through the neighborhoods of Franklin and we cannot assure anyone that Franklin residents have their pets under control at all times. Additionally, the course is shared with vehicular traffic. So, for safety’s sake, please do not plan to have your dog on the course. We won't stop anyone from bringing their pet on the course, but all liability is on the pet owner. We want everyone to have lots of fun, but we also want everyone to be safe and complete the course under their own power!
This year we suggest to register for PledgeReg.com. This is a way to email friends to ask them to pledge money for the run/walk. Your friends can donate online. If they are unable to donate online and you have to take a check or cash. You can bring it on the day of the event or if Virtual then let me know when you do the run/walk and I can meet you to take the money. Checks are payable to Franklin Animal Shelter.
If any questions, please call Scott at 603-203-7727. There will be restrooms on site only on the day of the event. Free parking is in the Paul Smith School parking lot. Please follow CDC guidelines by allowing 6 feet when you are in the parking lot and while you are walking the course if you choose to walk. Masks are required on the day of the event except when running.