Thank you for registering for the 2018 Annual Franklin Animal Shelter 5K! Your registration and participation in this event will help make for brighter days for the animals in our care. For more information on the shelter and its ongoing mission and Capital Campaign, please visit our website at www.franklinanimalshelter.com
Here are the event details for the race:
- The course is US Track and Field Certified!!!
- Bib pick up and same day registrations begin at 8:00am and will close at 8:50am.
- The race starts at 9:00am Sunday.
- A complimentary water station will be found at the mid-way point of the race.
- Complimentary water will also be available after the race.
- Sunscreen and – especially for walkers – bug repellent are advised.
- Medals will be awarded to the top male and female in the following age categories:
- Under 20
- 60 +
The most frequently asked question: Can we run or walk with our dog? The answer: Preferrably not.
This is a running/walking event that was designed without pets in mind as a matter of safety. Our course winds through the neighborhoods of Franklin and we cannot assure anyone that Franklin residents have their pets under control at all times. Additionally, the course is shared with vehicular traffic. So, for safety’s sake, please do not plan to have your dog on the course. We wont stop anyone from bringing their pet on the course, but all liability is on the pet owner. We want everyone to have lots of fun, but we also want everyone to be safe and complete the course under their power!!
We look forward to seeing all of you Sunday morning!