8th Annual Swim With A Mission-July 13th, 2024
Swimmer Registration Packet will include entry to the race of your choice, a race cap, finisher medal and an event towel (subject to change). Event T-shirts will be for sale at the event.
Distances- Prerace Meeting at 07:00 Required
- 1K Individual Swim
- 5k Individual Swim
- 5K Team Honor the Fallen Memorial Swim (Not Timed)
- 10K Individual Swim
- 10k Relay (Teams of 3-5 swimmers)
Swimmer Qualifications: VERY IMPORTANT!!
- In good health and capable of making the swim distance.
- Strong enough swimmer to complete the race in under 4 hrs and 15 minutes.
- You must be a member of US Masters swimming. Please provide your number when registering or purchase a one day membership.
Recognition & Awards
- Awards will be presented to the following finishers: top 3 men and women in each distance group in the individual categories and to the top 3 relay teams.
- Special Awards will given to fastest overall swimmers in each distance.
- Special Recognition will be given to top fundraisers.
General Rules and Details for All Swimmers
- Assistive devices, including masks, fins, snorkels, swim buoys and paddles are NOT allowed. You will be disqualified from placing in all races.
- Open water safety buoys are allowed.
- Swimmers are NOT permitted to wear headphones during the race.
- We suggest you bring your own nutrition since all swimmers have different needs.
- USAT Wetsuit rules apply for use of wetsuits.
US Masters Water Temp and Wetsuit Guidelines
- 60°F-66°F (Quite cool) - Thermal Plan for Cold Water Swims is RECOMMENDED
- 66°F-72°F (Fairly cool) - Thermal Plan for Cold Water Swims is ENCOURAGED
- 72°F-78°F (Cool) - No Thermal Plan required
- 78°F-82°F (Optimal) - Heat-retaining swimwear & neoprene caps are not permitted above 78°F.
1K, 5K and 10K Individual Swim Details
- Beach start…timing chips must go over start/finish.
- Out and back course (see map).
- Swim in clockwise direction…always stay on left of buoys.
- Large buoy at each distance turn around.
- There will be support boats stationed at the 5K and 10K turnarounds with water and some food. You can also but your own nutrition on these boats before the prerace meeting begins.
- Paddlers and support boats will be along the course for safety and support. ALL Paddlers and Support Boats must register through the Volunteer Registration.
10K Team Relay Details
- Beach start for all relay swimmers. One timing chip per team which will be transferred between swimmers.
- Team members not swimming will remain on beach.
- Each lap equals .31miles or .5K (20 laps equal 10K) (see map).
- Swimmer must cross start/finish time pad at the beginning of each lap.
- Every swimmer needs to swim at least one lap.
- There will be paddlers along the route for your safety.